One effective way of adding fresh color to a room – or to reinforce existing accent colors – is by introducing a new piece of artwork to the space. As I was reflecting on that idea this weekend, it reminded me of a fabulous Do-It-Yourself project that I saw in a spring issue of Inspired News (click on the link to see the entire issue).
This project is an ideal solution for those seeking a cost-effective way to add artwork. In addition, it is a perfect way to customize artwork to blend with a specific color palette.
STEP 1: Visit thrift stores or yard sales in search of inexpensive, vintage artwork that appeals to you in color and style. (You may already have access to pieces like these that you are no longer using in your decor!)
STEP 2: Purchase multiple smaller frames for the re-sized artwork you will create.
STEP 3: Measure the frames, then tape off sections of your larger artwork into those specific sizes.
STEP 4: Use an X-Acto knife to cut through the taped-off sections of the canvas.
STEP 5: Frame and enjoy your new collage of custom-created artwork!
NOW, GO HAVE AN “It’s So Fabulous!” DAY!
- South Carolina luxury interior design
- Charleston interior design
- Charleston luxury interior design
- Luxury interior design Myrtle Beach
- Interior design Myrtle Beach
- Wilmington interior design
- Wilmington luxury interior design
- Florence, SC interior design
- Florence, SC luxury interior design
- Home remodeling Myrtle Beach
- Home renovation Myrtle Beach
- Luxury green interior design Myrtle Beach
- Green interior design Myrtle Beach
- Family-centered interior design
- Condo furnishings
- Beach condos