“Going green” does not always involve finding newly developed technologies for saving natural resources. In the realm of interior design, the movement also heavily incorporates re-purposing vintage and antique architectural elements with a focus on avoiding excessive waste. Often, the most unique and luxurious design creations originate with an item that once served an entirely different purpose. Headboards made from recycled fireplace mantels are one such “green” example that I truly love! Take a look at some inspiring photos of beautifully executed mantel headboards….
If you are interested in this project, click this link to Apartment Therapy, where they share step-by-step instructions on how to create your own fabulous headboard from a re-purposed mantel! And send photos of your final outcome…. I would love to see YOUR unique design!
NOW, GO HAVE AN “It’s So Fabulous!” DAY!
IF YOU WOULD LIKE HELP WITH MAKING YOUR HOME EVEN MORE FABULOUS, PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR AN IN-HOME OR ONLINE CONSULTATION AT KIMBERLY@KNOTTINGHILLINTERIORS.COM
- South Carolina interior design
- South Carolina luxury interior design
- Charleston interior design
- Charleston luxury interior design
- Luxury interior design Myrtle Beach
- Interior design Myrtle Beach
- Wilmington interior design
- Wilmington luxury interior design
- Florence, SC interior design
- Florence, SC luxury interior design
- Home remodeling Myrtle Beach
- Home renovation Myrtle Beach
- Luxury green interior design Myrtle Beach
- Green interior design Myrtle Beach
- Family-centered interior design
- Condo furnishings
- Beach condos